Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Diamond Pendant Necklaces: My Quest Begins

Ever since I was little, I wanted a diamond pendant necklace.  It is the most frivolous and trivial of dreams and I don't care.  :)

Despite this dream, which I've heardly ever discussed with anyone, I know little to nothing about diamonds, their history, their grades...  so I've decided an ongoing blog will work to help me organize my research.  

Today I'll start with some really basic stuff I just learned.  To evaluate the quality of diamond pendant necklaces, first one needs to know about the four Cs.

Laboratories grade diamonds for certification using a specific grading system.  Four elements of this system are critical to understand when making a diamond purchase or investment. Known as the four Cs, these elements are:  color, cut, clarity and carat.

My next post will address these silly Cs as I begin studying the difference between exceptional and mediocre diamond pendant necklaces.

No comments: